Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Reiki and Unconditional Love




Fritz Smith, Founder of Zero Balancing http://www.zerobalancing.com/

"the closer we come to unconditional love, the heart chakra, the more we will act without attachment, without comparing or judging ourselves or others. Unconditional love is free from emotional strings, conditions, rewards, manipulations, or hidden agendas - conditions that develop when our boundaries are not clear."


This Blog entry today is about an email I read yesterday, the events of the recent storm, and thoughts about the synergies that have occurred for me since 2002. When we think about it, so much is connected.


Yesterday in Rick Rivard's listserv, there was discussion about a tumor being treated with radiation. In addition, the person has received Reiki energy being sent from all over the world. The person reported that psychics have perceived the tumor as shrinking, but that the MRI does not show beneficial changes. Sometimes - X Ray findings are absolutely accurate, and sometimes, they do not reflect the functional status of what is dominated by energy, and reflects the condition of the person.


In 2002, I had a C6-7 recurrence of a severe spinal injury, for which I required a C5-6 fusion in 1991. My orthopedist was considering a second operation, but I elected to have Zero Balancing and Massage therapy with Larry Adams. Larry was an early student of Fritz Smith (the founder of Zero balancing), and he also was attuned to Reiki by Ethel Lombardi, one of the 22 Takata students.


Larry encouraged me to develop my energy based capacity. I resisted for several years. When I started Reiki training with Robin Hannon, I had not told Larry. After my first attunement, I came for a "ZB." He stopped and asked knowingly, "what have you done?" His perception of energy change is accurate and insightful. He could see the Reiki energy.

Larry, and did cranio-sacral work, and ZB on my cervical spine area. And of course, I do self Reiki everyday. Larry tells me my neck is "better" (energetically) even though an X Ray would never confirm that. The boney abnormalities persist, but my life and my function has changed.

In the last 8 years, nothing has changed my X Rays. I have a fused C5-6 and a degenerated C6-7, however, functionally, I have not been having pain. I work long hours, and have had the energy to help others through Reikie, and through Hospice.


The past week was particularly challenging. My partners could not get to the Hospice unit, and Sunday I shoveled through 3 feet of snow to get to the plowed street. Looking back over the years, and thinking on my X Rays, it would be hard to understand how this can be, if all we were was our physical form.


There is a functional level of a person, that involves the summation or integration of their energy and their physical form - it is not just one or the other. And while Larry has for years been telling me that my Cervical spine is better, he does not mean the X Ray, he means that the energy flow in my body has found a way to adjust.
For my friend in the listserv, both the MRI and the psychics may both be correct. Between the medical treatments, and the Reiki energy, I pray he has a recovery.


Reiki is not meant to replace penicillin or surgery or heart medications - those scientific remedies that treat the physical concerns of our body must be treated, but Reiki treats aspects of the person that matter as well, the spiritual core from which energy springs.


There are different lineages of Reiki, and different lineages of energy healing, such as Fritz Smith, Larry's teacher. And it is all the same energy - different approaches, diferent methods, all to be respected - but the same energy.


Fritz Smith describes the quality we are searching for as "Unconditional Love," and my teacher Rick Rivard often reflects on "Sharing from the Heart."


In seeing people help each other through the Blizzard of 2010 in Baltimore, and seeing the Caring and above and beyond effort by the members of my Hospice Team, I am very uplifted. It is what Reiki is all about.




No comments:

Post a Comment