Thursday, December 3, 2009

Reiki Earth and Water


In 1969, I worked for the US Army Corps of Engineers for the summer. I was hired to be a surveyor's assistant, and ended up touring reporters and photographers on the "dry bed" of the American Falls.
To study the "talus formation," or fallen rock at the bottom of the Falls, a dam was built blocking the American Falls for the summer, and we could walk across the Niagara River bed, and across the base of the falls. It was in retrospect a spectacular opportunity.
There is an area called Goat Island on the American side, and one can walk from Goat Island across "Three Sister Islands" and one is standing at the base of rapids leading toward the Canadian or Horseshoe Falls. This summer, with the American side blocked off, the Horshshoe rapids and Falls were spectacular.
One of my Reiki Teachers, Rick Rivard, recently posted that he visited Niagara Falls for the first time in 1969, and this photo of me was taken that year. Another small irony in the connection between Rick and myself.
He wrote, and there is a wisdom to this, that the energy between Earth and Water is especially powerful, and that one feels this at certain points on Earth more than others, and that Niagara Falls is such a point.
I would sit by the rapids, at the edge of Three Sister Islands actually very close to the powerful cascading water, and think about how much the river itself stayed the same, and how much the water itself was ever changing. Through a great cycle of life, through Earth and Water and the energy that bind them, all living things are connected. Atoms that are breathed by one person, make there wasy into the water cycle and are breathed by other persons, we all live on one Earth and we are all connected.
I think sometimes, that feeling the powerful connections between Earth and Water, is part of what drew me to to Intuition, and to Reiki, and in some regards to Healing. Living with a sense of connection is so much richer than living in a state of loneliness and isolation.
In Sharing with family, friends, and other Reiki masters, one is drawn to reflect on and better know oneself, to remember days 40 some odd years ago, when the energy of Earth and Water helped form the person I am today. Life is a Journey, and it is better for the Sharing.

2 comments:

  1. Learn Reiki level 1 in Liverpool UK what an intriguing read, and how strange that you had both visited Niagra Falls in the same year, it is amazing how often suttle connections between Reiki masters and students often appear. For instance with 1 of my students whom I had never met prior to teaching him Reiki. I had been struggling to get my Reiki website up and running, and had been promised by many to get my site done, "I think they were more interested in a free Reiki treatment". But as if by divine intervention Paul was delivered to 1 of my Reiki Training classes, and has since kindly built my beautiful website for me.
    It's amazing what Reiki can bring into our lives, and often at times when we feel as if we have hit a wall.

    Love & Light
    Reikiann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind note and for spreading Reiki in Liverpool! Subtle connections may not yet be understood, but remain important to take note of. Best wishes, Harold

    ReplyDelete